International Student Trips Powered By Discovery Education
shea's adventure to Australia

Final Post

Sunday, June 14, 2009


G’day mates for the final time. Though the trip has ended, the memories I had in Australia will never end. But to recap the trip, here are my top five favorite adventures in Australia.

The first one was for sure Orpheus Island. The island was so pretty the site and the sun down was absolutely breath taking. The snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef was so amazing and because I liked it so much, I want to be a marine biologist just so I can go and explore the under water world as a job.

Above the trees at the Otway Fly it made me feel incredibly tall, but also incredibly scared of falling over the side. But that would not happen, we were perfectly safe.

The third most favorite thing I did in Australia was definitely the banana farm. One of our teachers had really white skin so she rubbed mud all over herself and called it a tan. But along with some of the goofy things we did, there was some learning. I did learn that a banana is a flower!!!! Never in a million years would I think a banana is a flower.

My fourth favorite thing we did in Australia was the Australia Zoo. The Australia zoo was founded by Steve Erwin’s dad but before he died he gave it to Steve. At the zoo we got the great opportunity to watch the croc show which was amazing! We also got to feed some kangaroos!! But after feeding them, I discovered that kangaroos are pretty intimidating when you hear them come up behind you. All you here is this boom, boom, boom get louder and louder as it gets closer.

The fifth and final favorite adventure was Ayer's Rock. The sunrise there was so breath taking. The way the sun rose on the rock made it look like it was on fire. It was really pretty and I got some amazing pictures. We also got to get up close and personal with the rock and view ancient aboriginal paintings inside of the rock which were miraculous too.

Wow, sometimes I wish I could rewind it all and go back to those sweet two weeks of my life and see the friends I made all over again. But some day I will go back to Australia and redo those adventures once again.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Hey Shea, that is a great wrap-up. What a wonderful time. I have never really thought about visiting Australia but you make me want to go! I love the picture.
Love,
Auntie Jan

Michael Snider said...

Shea,
I couldn't be more proud of you. That was a great wrap-up for a life-changing adventure.
love,
Dad

Susan said...

Shea,
This is my final post to the Colorado kids. Thanks for sharing your wonderful adventure. I hope you make it back to Australia someday. You have all made some wonderful memories.
Mrs. Jensen's mom

Post a Comment

Essential Programs Details

Duration 14 days
When May 25th - June 7th, 2009
Focus Marine Biology
Conservation/Wildlife
Aboriginal Culture